Saturday, October 20, 2007

Now...I Can Die Happy

Well folks, I did it. I saw Interpol (Wednesday, September 26, 2007)! Stubb’s. Austin, TX. It was incredible. Absolutely incredible. One of the best shows I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot of shows. I don’t care what you have to do…just go to an Interpol show. I promise that you will not be sorry. Here is a pic of the band that fateful night in Austin when all my dreams came true… Sigh…

Interpol

I thought it would be fun to make a list of some of the better bands I have seen—and those that I would love to see, but have not yet. Sorry if it is a little long! I do so adore live music.

Rock:
Better than Ezra
The Black Crowes
Blues Traveller
Collective Soul
Counting Crows
Cowboy Mouth
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Drivin’ and Cryin’
Fleetwood Mac
G3 (Satch, Via, and Petrucci)
Goo Goo Dolls
Gov’t Mule (x4)
Hootie and the Blowfish
Ingram Hill
Interpol!
John Mayer (x2)
Jeff Tweedy
Jewel
Live
O.A.R.
Oasis
Pete Yorn
Phil Keaggy
Phil Lesh and Friends (w/ Jimmy Herring)
The Police
Train
Sister Hazel (x3)
Stone Temple Pilots
Styx
Sufjan Stevens
Switchfoot
Wilco

Country/Bluegrass:
Alabama (x2)
Alan Jackson
Charlie Daniels Band
Diamond Rio
John Anderson
Little Texas
Nickel Creek
Ricky Scaggs
Vince Gill

Christian:
Casting Crowns
David Crowder Band
Jars of Clay
Third Day

Jazz:
Béla Fleck and the Flecktones
Oteil and the Peacemakers
The Yellowjackets
Wynton Marsalis

Musicals/Classical:
AIDA (Italian Opera)
The Chicago Symphony
Guys and Dolls
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Les Miserables
The Lion King
The Nashville Symphony
Phantom of the Opera (x2)

Bands I’d Love to See:
The Arcade Fire
Bebo Norman
Coldplay
Dave Matthews Band
Death Cab for Cutie
Muse
Pearl Jam
Phish (you know they’ll do a reunion tour!)
The Rolling Stones
The Shins
The Strokes
U2

No comments: