Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What Is This Blog All About?

You know, the more I read blogs, the more amazed I am with how differently people see their purposes. Some see them as a journal in which they spill their minds out onto the screen in a way that divulges everything personal that we really didn’t want to know. Some people use theirs as a “what is up with me these days” forum. Some people use theirs as a religious journal of sorts.

I want to do none of this.

It is true that I want you to see what is going on inside my head–but I don’t plan on preaching at anyone except myself.

In this blog I hope you will find freedom of expression, honesty, and stimulation. Nothing more. I am just putting ideas out there. Creating discussion. Being open to God and truth. It is like what Rob Bell says, “God has spoken, and the rest is just commentary, right?”

Don’t be surprised if you see a large number of posts that have absolutely nothing to do with spirituality. I hope those get just as much attention.

All the best…

No comments: